The Operations & Services Center on the Charles River Campus and the Control Center on the Medical Campus provide emergency response services. A small team of full- and part-time staff monitor operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, processing over 70,000 work orders per year. This emergency phone service center is a vital link between you and the skilled University tradespeople and local emergency responders who can help resolve your problem.
In an emergency, at night or on weekends, call 617-353-2105 to reach the Operations & Services Center if you are on the Charles River Campus, or 617-638-4144 to reach the Control Center if you are on the Medical Campus.
During regular business hours or for routine problems, see Request Services.
What constitutes an emergency?
Situations that jeopardize life or public safety, or that render your room, office, or classroom unlivable such as:
- Power outage
- Roof or ceiling leak
- Too hot/too cold indoors, and/or unusual noise or odor from heating/cooling vents
- Toilet stopped/overflowing
- Broken lock/lock-out
- Broken window or door
- Chemical spills
- Bodily fluids
What’s not an emergency?
Unpleasant or inconvenient situations that are not life-threatening are considered routine and will be handled during regular business hours. See Request Services for issues such as:
- Repair or replacement of paint, plaster, floor coverings, or window treatments
- Replacement of lightbulbs in installed light fixtures (where public safety is not in jeopardy)
- Repair of broken furniture
- Requests to move furniture or equipment
- Access to another person’s room or office (In fact, this is neither a routine nor an emergency service because we can never provide access to a room or office that is not your own. You must obtain a key from the person who has promised you access.)