Facilities Management & Planning provides critical logistical and maintenance support for major events at Boston University. Commencement, for example, takes a year of planning and five months of hands-on preparation in partnership with Events & Conferences and every school and college, to accommodate 25,000 attendees and dignitaries. Move-In, when students arrive in the fall, and Move-Out, when hundreds of departing students’ rooms are prepared for the arriving summer students, are two more examples of major events FMP supports.
We also assist with a variety of departmental events, from meetings to receptions to retirement parties, throughout the year.
For assistance with small or internal events requiring minimal set up:
- Departments should contact your Area Manager.
- Students should contact your RA or Student Activities.
For larger events requiring major set-ups, room rental, and/or catering:
- Alumni Weekend: Contact Development & Alumni Relations
- Commencement: Contact Events & Conferences
- Matriculation: Contact Events & Conferences
- Move-in and Move-Out: Contact Residence Life
- Orientation: Contact Orientation
- Open House: Contact Undergraduate Admissions
- Parent’s Weekend: Contact Orientation
- Splash: Contact Student Activities
- University Holiday Party: Contact Human Resources