Facilities Management & Planning diligently maintains classrooms and classroom buildings to provide the best possible learning environment for students. Our Planning & Design team works closely with the Office of the Provost, Office of the Registrar and Information Services & Technology to best meet instructional needs–from ensuring each classroom has the right layout and furniture, to installing the correct equipment and lighting for presentations. Most recently, Planning & Design has been collaborating with our Energy Administration team to reduce energy usage.
Cleaning and Maintenance
FM&P custodians are responsible for the daily cleaning of classrooms on campus. Throughout the year, they strip and wax every classroom and hallway, shampoo the carpets, wash the walls, and change light bulbs. Our expert trades and maintenance workers respond to routine and emergency requests for repairs, and perform upgrades and improvements identified during annual inspections.
Other Classroom Services and Support
- Classroom Management: The Office of the Registrar manages the majority of classrooms. Certain areas are considered proprietary classrooms and are managed by their particular school or college.
- Classroom Technology: Information Services & Technology manages classroom audio/visual services and equipment.
- The Classroom Technology Services hotline 617-353-3227 is monitored throughout open hours. Dial 617-353-3227 from any campus phone.
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions or requests.
- Changes or Additions to Classroom Space: The Office of the Provost is the first stop for changes or additions to academic space. See their Academic Space Planning pages for more information.