If you are a faculty or staff member in the schools, colleges, or administrative departments on the Charles River Campus, please follow the procedures below to request maintenance or trades services.
First, contact your department’s facilities coordinator
All academic and administrative departments have assigned one or more staff to manage facilities issues. Your departmental facilities coordinator is your primary point of contact when you need routine maintenance or trades services.
If your facilities coordinator is unavailable
Contact the Area Manager for your building. FMP has organized the campus into 15 designated areas, each overseen by an Area Manager who supervises the custodial staff and oversees service requests. To locate your Area Manager, select your building’s address from the box below and click search.
In an emergency, at night, or on weekends call 617-353-2105
Find your Area Manager
What constitutes an “emergency”?
Situations that jeopardize life or public safety, or that render your room, office, or classroom unlivable, include (but are not limited to):
- Power outage
- Roof or ceiling leak
- Too hot/too cold indoors, and/or unusual noise or odor from heating/cooling vents
- Toilet stopped/overflowing
- Broken lock/lock-out
- Broken window or door
What’s not an emergency?
Unpleasant or inconvenient situations that are not life-threatening are considered routine and will be handled during regular business hours. Routine service requests include (but are not limited to):
- Repair or replacement of paint, plaster, floor coverings, or window treatments
- Replacement of light bulbs in installed light fixtures (where public safety is not in jeopardy)
- Repair of broken furniture
- Requests to move furniture or equipment
- Access to someone else’s room or office. (In fact, this is neither a routine nor an emergency service, because we can never provide access to a room or office that is not your own. You must obtain a key from the person who has promised you access.)