Anticipated construction activities for the week of December 3 – December 7:
The contractor will be working on Saturday, 12/1, to remove scaffolding around the building. This is “quiet” work and we anticipate no noise disruptions to abutters.
1. Site Work: Already underway and continuing for the next several weeks is site work, which includes excavators, dump trucks and earth movers. Installation of the Pressure Injected Footings (PIFs) have competed. You can expected general construction noise from the equipment and construction traffic (concrete trucks, dump trucks, etc..) on the surrounding streets. Excavation of soils and subgrade prep is will continue Hauling soils will continue and truck activity for the removal of the excavated soils will be coordinated and Police details will be present to help manage traffic flow. Concrete footings will continue along Ashford Street, and the removal of underground storage tanks is expected to continue.
2. Exterior Building Abatement: The blasting of the exterior walls is complete. The staging is being broken down and removed from the site. Workers will be installing poly at the window opening. Chipping and cutting of masonry block will be ongoing over the next few weeks.
3. Interior Demolition: Select interior demolition will continue, as well as periodic disposal of debris. You can anticipate occasional dump trucks hauling of building debris.
4. Concrete Work: The delivery of concrete materials to the site will continue. You can expect construction traffic in the form of deliveries of rebar, formwork, and concrete to continue throughout the week, and installation of cast in place concrete foundations will continue.
5. Utility Work: You can anticipate utility crews working in the adjacent streets throughout the week. When utility work in the street is underway, there will be police details present during any street work and traffic flow will be maintained.