Anticipated construction activities for the week of November 5 – November 11 :
1. Site Work: Already underway and continuing for the next several weeks is site work, which includes excavators, cranes and a pile driving rig. Installation of the Pressure Injected Footings (PIFs) will continue. You can expected general construction noise from the equipment, some potential ground vibration from installing the PIFs, and an increase in construction traffic (concrete trucks, dump trucks, etc..) on the surrounding streets. Excavation of soils and subgrade prep is underway. Hauling soils continue and truck activity for the removal of the excavated soils will be coordinated and Police details will be present to help manage traffic flow. Concrete footings will begin soon along Ashford Street, and the removal of underground storage tanks is expected to begin.
2. Exterior Building Abatement: The blasting of the exterior walls has continued, and will be ongoing for the next couple weeks. The crew will continue working on the East elevation and South elevation on Gardner Street. As sections of the building are completed, the staging will be removed. You can expect a high noise level during the blasting operation. As before, the hours of operation for the blasting will be 7:00am to approximately 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Because of the time lost due to Hurricane Sandy last Monday, the contractor will be working on Saturday, 11/3. Work will start no earlier than 8:00am. Work will consist of removing the roof off of the old auto body shop building that is adjacent to 278 Babcock on its west end. Crews will also be removing the staging from the west elevation of the building. Neither of these activities will generate noise that will impact abutters.
3. Interior Demolition: Select interior demolition will continue. There are no anticipated noise/traffic impacts with these activities.
4. Building Demolition: The Auto Body building structure will be demolished. You can anticipate an excavator and a few trucks working to demo the structure to grade and remove the debris with trucks.
5. Concrete Work: The delivery of concrete materials to the site will begin. A slight increase in construction traffic in the form of deliveries of rebar and formwork will continue throughout the week, but will be minimal.
For questions please send an email to email@example.com