How to Audit a Class
The Evergreen Program offers a unique opportunity to audit BU undergraduate and graduate classes. Engage with the student community, learn from world-class faculty, and contribute to the educational environment on campus. Your presence in the classroom enriches the learning experience for everyone—our younger students are exposed to the insight of experience, and you benefit from new perspectives.
- Spring 2017 courses begin January 19
- Eligibility to audit: 58 years of age or older and consent of instructor
- Cost: $195 per course (unless you have a Learning Passport)
- Evergreen students are responsible for any course related fees, such as applied music, technology, or lab fees, etc.
Choose a Class
Register to Audit
- Complete the Evergreen Auditing Registration Form.
- Attend the first class to obtain the instructor’s signature (required). Acceptance is at the discretion of the instructor, on a space-available basis.
- Submit the completed and signed registration and auditing conduct form with payment to the Evergreen office (755 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite B18, Boston, MA 02215) during the Spring 2017 registration period:
10 a.m.–3 p.m
January 19-20, 23-27, 30-31; February 1st
No forms will be accepted after February 1st
After Registering to Audit a Course
- The Evergreen office will email you a registration confirmation within approximately 48 hours of your registration online
- The University Registrar also will mail you a registration confirmation
- New students will be assigned a BU ID# which will be included in your registration confirmation email from the Evergreen Office
- Returning students will use the same BU ID# that you have already been assigned; this will be included in your registration confirmation email from Evergreen Office
BU ID Card
- To receive a new BU ID card, you must go directly to the Terrier Card Office, 775 Commonwealth Ave Lower Level.
- Please bring your registration confirmation email and BU ID# with you.
- Returning students with BU ID cards will use the same one already issued. Note there is a charge for replacement cards.
- For questions regarding your BU ID card, please contact the Terrier Card Office at 617-353-9966.
BU Login Name/Password
- To set up a BU login name and Kerberos password, visit the IT Help Center at 179 Amory Street or the IT Help Center @ Mugar.
- Many faculty use Blackboard Learn for class notes and assignments. If your class uses Blackboard Learn, once registered, your name will appear on a class list generated by the University Registrar and you will be automatically added to Blackboard Learn, the newest online learning management system at Boston University. For more information regarding access to Blackboard Learn check IS&T’s documentation on Blackboard Learn for students. Please note that it may take 1-2 weeks following registration to gain access to Blackboard Learn.The IT Help Center will answer any questions you have concerning your BU Kerberos account or Blackboard course site. You can reach them by e-mail at email@example.com by phone at 353-HELP (4357).
- To find course schedules, visit the Office of the University Registrar.
- Click on “Registration”, then choose “Class Schedule”.
- Enter the semester, then the course #, for example, “CAS WS 114,” or browse by subject.
- Click on “GO.” You will see a list of course numbers and times; click on the course number to have the description pop up.
Changes to your Class Schedule (Adding/Dropping Classes)
- You may add classes after your initial registration. However, all audited courses must be added before the deadline. To drop a class you have registered for, you must do so by contacting the Evergreen Office only.
- You may search for faculty and departments names in the BU Directory. To reach the University operator, call 617-353-2000.