Boston University Holiday Party
Thursday, December 12, 2013
3 – 5pm
GSU Metcalf Ballroom
775 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd floor
We will continue with our annual tradition of having a Sled Decorating contest. The contest will challenge teams to use their creativity to transform a traditional wood sled into a work of art! Teams will have a two week period to work on their own to create their sled design. Teams may begin assembling their sleds in Metcalf Hall at 10:00am on Thursday, December 12. Limit of 10 teams, with a maximum of 5 employees per team. Teams will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, so register early!
SLED DECORATING CONTEST
Registration for the Sled Decorating contest is now full.
If you wish to be added to the waitlist, please email Jennifer Fleming
- Each team will be provided with a 48″L x 22″W x 6″H wood sled to decorate.
- Teams will be reimbursed for up to $50 worth of items purchased for decoration (with submittal of receipt/proof of purchase).
- Any type of material, lights, paint, props or miscellaneous items of their choosing can be used to adorn the sled.
- Teams will have a two week period to work on their own to create their sled design.
Judging & Awards
- Decorated sleds will be on display at the Holiday Party for guests to view.
- Both a “popular vote” and a “judges’ vote” will determine the winner, or winners.
- The sleds will be judged based on originality, relevance to theme: “Share Some Holiday Cheer” and artistic composition.
- One team may capture both voting categories, or two different teams may each claim victory for one of the categories.
- Each member of the winning team(s) will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Barnes & Noble Bookstore at BU. Gift certificates will be awarded for both categories.