Event Planning Tip #4
Develop a Communications Plan
• What is your event’s primary message or theme?
• How will this event be marketed and/or promoted (invitations, flyers, articles, posters, electronic mail, web site)?
• Do you want media at your event, or do you anticipate media to cover your event? Don’t forget to contact Media Relations
• Is there a way the University can gain more effectiveness from your event?
• Have you considered contacting Marketing & Communications to discuss your communications plan?
NEXT STEP: Develop a Show Flow
PREVIOUS STEP: Plan a budget