Schedule Writing Assistance
There are two types of appointments available. To help you determine which fits your needs, look at this comparison guide or feel free to come in and speak to someone at the ERC about your options.
- By signing up for a Writing Assistance appointment, you are agreeing to the Writing Assistance Program policies. Please read these before continuing.
- Appointments are made through our online scheduling software; however, you will be meeting with your Writing Fellow face-to-face.
Watch our demo on how to make a Writing Assistance appointment. Be sure to adjust the sound on your computer or use the closed captioning feature.
Follow along with these step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the TutorTrac website: https://erctutor.bu.edu/.
- Enter your BU login name in the User Name field and your Kerberos password in the Password field (similar to how you log into Student Link).
- Select the Search Availabilities option to the upper left of the TutorTrac screen.
- Choose Writing Assistance in the first drop-down menu.
- Select Writing Assistance again. You may adjust the parameters of your time availability by clicking on the days you are available and the time ranges you are free. We recommend that you leave the range as is so the system generates the maximum number of availabilities.
- Click the Search button at the bottom left.
- When you find an opening that works for your schedule, click on the time and a new window will open.
- Select the reason for your Writing Assistance appointment from the options listed.
- In order to give the Writing Fellow a better idea of what you are having difficulties with, we strongly encourage you to add notes for the Writing Fellow in the Notes section.
- Click Save and you will have signed up for your selected Writing Assistance appointment.
- TutorTrac will send you an email containing the Writing Fellow’s name and email, as well as the date, time, subject, and location of your Writing Assistance appointment. Please note that TutorTrac can only send email to your bu.edu account.
- The next time you log in to TutorTrac, you will see a list of your upcoming appointments at the bottom of the Welcome Screen.
- You may schedule up to two appointments in a week. The week is figured from the date/time of your first appointment.
To Cancel an Appointment
- You must give 24-hours notice to cancel an appointment. To cancel an appointment, send an email to email@example.com with your name and the time/day of the appointment you wish to cancel. Use the word CANCEL in the subject heading.
- Please note that if you arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of an appointment, TutorTrac will automatically mark you as Missed.
If you wish to communicate with us about your appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the only email address from which you can expect a reply.
For additional troubleshooting information, please read the Writing Assistance FAQs.
Schedule Writing Assistance