Schedule Writing Assistance
Schedule appointments through the TutorTrac website (erctutor.bu.edu). To contact us about your appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication concerning Writing Assistance should go through this address.
Before You Sign Up
There are two types of appointments available during the academic year. You can sign up for either traditional Writing Assistance or ESL Writing Skills appointments using the TutorTrac website.
- By signing up for an appointment, you are agreeing to the Writing Assistance Policies. Please read these before continuing.
- Appointments are made through our online scheduling software; however, you will be meeting with your Writing Fellow face-to-face.
Schedule An Appointment
Watch our demonstration of how to make a Writing Assistance appointment:
Or, follow along with these step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the TutorTrac website: https://erctutor.bu.edu/
- Enter your BU login name in the User Name field and your Kerberos password in the Password field (similar to how you log into Student Link).
- Select the “search for availabilities” option to the upper left of the TutorTrac screen.
- Choose Writing Assistance in the “Center” drop-down menu.
- Select Writing Assistance again in the “Section” drop-down menu.
- You may adjust the parameters of your time availability by clicking on the days you are available and the time ranges you are free, but we recommend that you leave the range as is so the system generates the maximum number of availabilities.
- Click the Search button at the bottom left.
- Choose an opening that works for your schedule; click on the time and a new window will open.
- Select the Reason for your appointment from the options listed.
- In order to give the Writing Fellow a better idea of what you are having difficulties with, we strongly encourage you to add notes for the Writing Fellow in the Notes section.
- Click Save, and you will have signed up for your selected Writing Assistance appointment.
- TutorTrac will send you an email containing the date, time, and location of your Writing Assistance appointment. Please note that TutorTrac can only send email to your bu.edu account.
- The next time you log in to TutorTrac, you will see a list of your upcoming appointments on the Welcome Screen.
- You may schedule one appointment of each kind in a week. The week is figured from the date/time of your first appointment.
To Cancel An Appointment
- You must give 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. To cancel an appointment, send an email to email@example.com with your name and the time/day of the appointment you wish to cancel. Use the word CANCEL in the subject heading.
- Please note that if you arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of an appointment, the Writing Fellow will still meet with you for the remainder of your time, but TutorTrac will automatically mark you as Missed.
For additional troubleshooting information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Schedule Writing Assistance