Peer Tutoring Policies
Please note that by making a Peer Tutoring appointment, you agree to adhere to the following policies:
- In order to receive a tutor from the ERC, you must be registered in the course in which you wish to receive tutoring.
- The Peer Tutoring program has the following appointment limits: Per course, a student may sign up for 1 Weekly appointment OR up to 2 Single appointments (if available) in a week. Students who elect to participate in Weekly appointments have the option of also signing up for 1 Single appointment.
- Any student who attempts to sign up for appointments beyond these limits will have their over-limit appointments cancelled at the discretion of ERC staff.
- You will arrive on time for your tutoring appointment.
- In the case of Weekly appointments, you will meet with your tutor every week after signing up or risk losing tutoring privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- If you need to cancel an appointment (Weekly or Single), you must email your tutor at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of your appointment.
- Repeated cancellations may jeopardize your participation in the Peer Tutoring program.
- All tutors and tutees are expected to adhere to the Academic Conduct Code. Any work submitted by a student must be their own. Any deviation from this may be considered academic misconduct. Any violation of the Academic Conduct Code will result in immediate termination of Peer Tutoring services.
Cancellation, Late, and Missed Appointment Policies:
- Students who do not cancel their appointment with at least 24 hours notice are marked Missed. Refer to the ERC’s Peer Tutoring Cancellation Procedures (.pdf) for how to cancel an appointment.
- Students who do not show up within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of the appointment are marked Missed.
- Students who do not come to their scheduled appointment are marked Missed.
- A student with TWO Missed appointments on record will not be able to make any additional appointments and will be removed from their Weekly appointments until they have come in to speak with ERC staff about their TutorTrac account.