Language Link Policies
In order to sign up for a Language Link group with the ERC, you must be a student, faculty, or staff member of Boston University.
BU staff—If you’d like to sign up for a Language Link group and have not previously taken a course at BU, please fill out this request form.
Please note that by signing up for a Language Link group appointment, you agree to adhere to the following policies:
- You will arrive on time for your Language Link group.
- To make the most out of Language Link, you’re encouraged to sign up and attend the same group each week. This will help you become more familiar with the language and become much more comfortable with speaking.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, you must email your Language Link leader at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of your group.
- Repeated cancellations may jeopardize your participation in the Language Link program.
- All patrons are expected to adhere to the BU Academic Conduct Code.
Cancellation, Late, and Missed Appointment Policies:
- Students who do not cancel their appointment with at least 24 hours notice are marked Missed.
- Students who do not show up within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of the group are marked Missed.
- Students who do not come to their scheduled group are marked Missed.
- A student with two (2) Missed appointments on record may be removed from any remaining Language Link appointments; it is critical that you inform your group leader when you need to cancel an appointment.
Please ensure you are cancelling your Language Link session appropriately by following these instructions (.pdf).