ePortfolio and Course Assessment
ePortfolio can help instructors explore pedagogical approaches at the disciplinary and interdisciplinary levels and make teaching (not just learning) visible. In addition, ePortfolios hold great potential for faculty to design collaborative projects and to make connections between courses.
To Improve Teachers’ Teaching, ePortfolios can help with
- Adjusting instruction to meet the needs of individual students
- Fostering reflective teaching, which informs practice
- Communicating learning to multiple constituencies
- Improving the capacity of schools to reach high standards of student achievement
To Assess the Interaction between Student and Teacher, ePortfolios help facilitate the
- Observing, documenting, and assessment of learning
- Asking of key questions of all parties, in particular,
- How are we doing?
- How can we do better?