As of June 1st 2015*, the minor in English consists of six total courses in English and/or Creative Writing. This information can also be found in the University Course Bulletin
These six courses include:
- One required seminar, EN 220, which satisfies WR 150
- Five elective 4-credit courses, of which:
- One may be numbered CAS EN 121-EN 299, provided it is taken before or concurrently with CAS EN 220.
- One must focus on literature written before 1800.
- Up to three may include creative writing courses.
Note: For English minors, CAS EN 221 is not a prerequisite for CAS EN 322. Courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher for credit.
A student interested in a minor in English should consult the English department Undergraduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or the Director of Undergraduate Studies (email@example.com) to determine which faculty member will serve as his or her advisor.
*If you declared an English minor before June 1st 2015, you must complete the following coursework:
- A requirement of CAS EN 220
- The sequence CAS EN 322, 323
- Three elective courses numbered CAS EN 300 or higher