As a Master’s degree student at Boston University, you have made a commitment to deepen your technical and professional skills, setting you apart from others in your field. In today’s fast-paced marketplace, how you present your unique skill set to employers is key to landing your dream job.
The College’s Career Development Office (CDO) is dedicated to our innovative engineers, developing relationships with some of the most exciting companies in the world. Identifying and executing a career development plan begins as soon as you arrive on campus, and the CDO offers a range of services to inform and support your career goals.
- Preparing for the Job Search – Individualized career coaching identifies key employers looking for people with your distinctive skill set, ensures your resume and cover letters showcase your strengths effectively, and prepares you for the tough questions through a series of mock interviews.
- Professional Development Seminar Series – Biweekly workshops, exclusively for master’s students, provide you with the special skills, strategies, and secrets to find and secure that ideal professional position.
- Job Postings – BU CareerLink, a robust web-based tool, connects you to information about industries and employers, job postings, and employer networking events happening on campus.
- Connections to Employers – On-campus interviews, company information sessions, ENG Career Fairs and more – you’ll find multiple ways to get yourself in front of the companies you want to work for.
- Networking and Alumni – Guest speakers, Industry Nights and the Career Advisory Network connect you to alumni who can provide advice, support and introductions.