Assistant Professor (ME)
- Primary Appointment Mechanical Engineering
- Education Ph.D., Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- Additional Affiliations Division of Materials Science and Engineering
- Areas of Interest Professor Ranzani has extensive experience in the development of medical robots for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). He explored different technologies and developed a number of manufacturing paradigms to design and manufacture innovative robotic systems and tools. His main research area is soft robotics, he has explored soft robotic technologies to develop novel manipulators, which integrate design principles from biological systems for performing advanced procedures in MIS. He is interested in expanding the potential of soft robots across different scales to develop novel reconfigurable soft-bodied robots.
- Research Areas Robotics, Soft Robotics, BioRobotics, Medical Robotics, Advanced Manufacturing