Assistant Professor (ME)
- Primary Appointment Mechanical Engineering
- Education Ph.D., Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- Additional Affiliations Division of Materials Science and Engineering
- Classes Taught ENG ME 461 Capstone Experience
- Areas of Interest Robotics, Surgical Robotics, Soft Robotics, Sensing and Actuation, Meso and Micro-Scale Manufacturing, and Advanced Materials.
- Research Areas Prof. Russo’s background is at the intersection of biomedical robotics, soft robotics, advanced manufacturing, and advanced materials technologies.
Her research focuses on design, development, and fabrication of biocompatible, smart, soft, and miniaturized surgical robots that could help restore sensor feedback and distal dexterity in minimally invasive procedures.
She is interested in developing robotic technologies to improve human health, tackling current limitations in medicine as well as enabling novel therapies not possible to perform today.