H. Steven Colburn, Ph.D.
Professor (BME & ECE)
- Primary Appointment Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Education S.B., S.M., Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Additional Affiliations Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Areas of Interest Dr. Colburn’s research involves the application of signal processing, statistical communication theory, and computational modeling to the study of hearing and hearing impairments.
- Research Areas Dr. Colburn is particularly interested in the measurement and modeling of binaural hearing performance. Specific current topics include modeling the activity of auditory brainstem neurons and measurement and modeling of spatial attributes of sound perception, speech intelligibility in complex sound environments, and the effects of hearing impairments on binaural abilities