IT Help Center – Departmental Sales:
Through the IT Help Center licensed software, including Microsoft and Adobe, can be purchased at substantial savings. These items may be purchased with an approved requisition. For a complete list of software please visit: www.bu.edu/tech/desktop/purchase/departmental.
Software Distribution Center:
At the Software Distribution Center you will find access to a variety of free software and shareware, as well as commercial software licensed to all or part of the University. For complete details please visit: www.bu.edu/software.
- Cisco VPN
- McAfee VirusScan
- Maple - 10 shared licenses
- Mathematica - student, faculty or academic staff may also get a home-use copy
- Matlab - network based Matlab for faculty, staff, and sponsored graduate students on university owned machines
The software listed below is available to anyone in the College without the purchase of a license. Most other software including but not limited to Microsoft and Adobe software packages need to be purchased through University Computers (see above).
- Abaqus - 4 floating licenses, 1 processing license (certain installation restrictions apply)
- Comsol Multiphysics - 90 Class-Kit licenses, 4 Floating licenses (certain installation restrictions apply)
- SolidWorks/COSMOS - College-wide Education site license
- Pro/ENGINEER - College-wide site license
- Labview - certain installation restrictions apply
For additional information on ENG software licenses please visit our Wiki at:
Within each department and for various labs additional software has been purchased. Please contact ENG IT for any questions regarding departmental and lab software.