Welcome to BU MSE PhD Graduate Open House
Welcome to the Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) PhD Graduate Open House. This event is part of the College of Engineering Graduate Open House events.
Attendance is by invitation only.
Open House Date: February 22, 2019
Travel Dates: February 21 and February 23, 2019
- Travel is covered from outside the Boston Metro area by air, train, or bus.
- Air (and sometimes train) travel will be arranged through the BU travel agent.
- Bus (and sometimes train) travel will be arranged by you and the receipt(s) will be submitted for reimbursement following the event.
- Hotel Accommodations will be arranged by the College of Engineering.
- The Graduate Programs Manager will contact you with further details once you RSVP.
Basic Schedule (your personal itinerary will be emailed a day or so prior to the event):
- 9:00am Welcome
- 10:00am-12:30 Interviews/Lab Tours
- 12:30-2:00 Lunch with current students and faculty
- 2:00-4:00 Interviews/Lab Tours
- 4:00 College of Engineering Reception
Below are some links to information invited guests may need, whether you are from the Boston area or coming from out of town.
- Directions from Logan Airport to the Hotel
- Directions from the Hotel to the Division
- Campus Map (Enter the Street Address.)
- Resources (About BU, Health Care, Housing, SAGE)
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
What to Wear:
For Friday, the recommended dress code is business casual. The weather can vary greatly, so please check the weather forecast before you pack — and bring appropriate outer wear.
Where to Store Belongings & Hang Out in Down Time:
You may leave belongings (luggage, bags, etc) in my office, 15 Saint Mary’s Street, Room 119. In your down time, when you don’t have meetings or a lab tour, you may hang out in the 15 Saint Mary’s Street lobby, in Room 105 (until 2pm), or at Pavement, a coffee shop at 736 Commonwealth Avenue (ask me how to get there without going outside except a brief door-to-door sprint).
Questions? Please contact:
Elizabeth Flagg, Graduate Programs Manager