MSE Student Organizations
Student professional organizations:
- BU ASM International Student Chapter
- Founded in 1933, ASM International has now over 36,000 members with a broad range of expertise in Materials Science and Engineering. Founded in 2011, the BU Chapter goal is to help students advance their knowledge and careers in the field.
- BU Graduate Women in Science and Engineering
- GWISE at BU strives to create a community to support and promote women in science, technology, engineering, and math fields. Through professional development seminars and workshops, social events, mentoring, and outreach, GWISE fosters interaction across disciplines and connects graduate students to postdocs, faculty, and broader networks in Boston and beyond.
- BU MRS Chapter
- The Society’s core principles are interdisciplinarity, focused symposia, and greater interaction among researchers. These principles make MRS different from single-discipline professional societies because they encourage communication and technical information exchange across the various fields of science affecting materials.
- Student Association of Graduate Engineers (SAGE)
- SAGE addresses the issues and concerns of graduate students in the College of Engineering. We host biweekly socials and other activities throughout the year.