Resources | Students
How to Register
- *New Students, refer to the Orientation Guide.
- Select your courses (refer to the Course Offerings tab for the current semester MSE options).
- Contact your Advisor to discuss your course registration selection via email or in person.
- Forward your advisor’s approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide the complete course number (College, Course Number, Section(s), Credits).
- You will be registered by the Graduate Programs Manager or sent your Advising Code.
Note: Please be sure to check your BU Email address for your advisor assignment and registration information.
- Register (see Orientation Guide.)
- Graduate Programs Office Resources for Incoming Students
- Finding a Place to Live
- University Offices and Resources
- Incoming Student FAQs
- For a Visa letter, please contact the Graduate Programs Manager.
Room Access, Mail, Business Cards, Poster Printing
- Room Access: Request the following access via Zaius Online Room Access
- Division Graduate Student Code – Division Grad Students Only
- EMB (15 St. Mary’s) 121A Kitchen
- Student Mail
- MSE Business Cards
- Poster Printing: The Division has a large format poster printer (max 40″ wide). Students should contact the Graduate Programs Manager to schedule printing well in advance. Note that the Division student and the Division must be credited on the poster. This benefit is for Division students, only.
Career & Professional Development Resources @ BU
Graduate students can take advantage of career services at many of the University’s schools and colleges, as well as University-wide resources to help you launch your new profession or to advance in your current one.
- Doctoral Events and Workshops
- Master’s Student Workshop Series
- Student Groups and Associations
With so many student groups and associations available to graduate students at BU, it’s easy to find a way to connect with your peers. Seek growth and connection in your professional life, find your people, or just kick back and have some fun. Take a look at the many ways to connect with other graduate students.
College of Engineering Career Development Office
Students and alumni can find a wealth of useful information to help navigate your career path at any stage. Students and alumni can access resources from resume assistance to general career counseling and more.
- Job Seekers: To Do List
- Career Events and Workshops
Handshake is the Career Development Office’s online system for job and internship listings, which is exclusively for BU undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni. It offers employers a convenient method, free of charge, for posting full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities. Students and alumni have 24/7 access to search internships and jobs, sign up for on-campus events, and manage multiple resumes, cover letters, and other employment-related documents.
Industry Roundtable Events
- The Division brings together local alumni or industry experts to share their work with graduate students for a roundtable discussion and Q&A session.
For program-specific forms, please see the appropriate handbook.
- Petition Form, Full-Time Certification Form, Practicum Approval (for “With Engineering Practice”), Transfer Credit, Specialization Practicum Form, Specialization Declaration Form, Add/Drop, Withdrawal/Leave of Absence, Program Change Form, Registration Form