Engineering Product Innovation Center at Boston University's College of Engineering
The Hours at EPIC
Mon – Fri 8:00am – 10:00pm
Sat – Sun 10:00am – 6:00pm
This Is How You Can Participate
- Anyone wanting to use EPIC has to pass a Safety Quiz
- First, watch the Safety Video at http://youtu.be/z1nX-nSNK4s
- Second, take the Safety Quiz at http://www.bu.edu/me/epic-safety-quiz/
- Third, after successfully passing the quiz, you will receive an email notification from David Campbell, email@example.com
Sign Up To Use EPIC
- Use protective gear and dress properly
- Eye protection/safety glasses/safety goggles are absolutely required
- Hair must be either short or pulled back and tied
- Full coverage shoes are required – no sandals
- Long pants only
- Short sleeves or sleeves rolled up. Wearing a lab coat is preferable.
- No jewelry, especially watches, necklaces and bracelets.
- No men’s ties or scarves.
- No food or drink in the shop.
- Do not use any equipment on which you have not been trained. This includes all non-portable equipment with an on-off switch. You may request either one-on-one training from any member of the EPIC staff or sign up for a regularly scheduled class.
- Safe conduct in the shop
- Be aware of what is going on around you
- Concentrate on what you are doing while operating equipment
- Keep the work area clean.
- Machine/Hand tool operation
- Double check that your work-piece and cutting tools are securely held
- Stand firm and comfortably while operating equipment, do not rush
- Listen to the machine and turn it off if it does not sound right
- Remove chuck keys and wrenches after use and place them in their storage location before continuing with an operation
- Never leave a running machine unattended
- Use two hands while operating power tools
- When inserting and removing power cords, hold the prong tight and never pull on the cord.
- Never work alone in the shop
- Never work when tired, intoxicated or otherwise impaired. Walking into the EPIC shop after consuming alcohol or any other illegal drug will result in permanent, non-negotiable loss of privileges
- Shop hours are on Mon-Fri 8am-10pm and Sat-Sun 10am-6pm.
If You Are Interested in Working at EPIC:
Please contact Joe Estano, firstname.lastname@example.org | (617) 353-6653
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Organizations
- Engineering Product Innovation Center (EPIC)
- Singh Imagineering Laboratory
- Ingalls Engineering
- Annual Events
- ENG Career Development Office