Our goal is to provide valuable experience for our students in engineering and designing so they can learn to develop both innovative products and advanced manufacturing processes. EPIC is a makerspace open to all Boston University students regardless of major. At EPIC, you can learn a broad range of relevant skill sets, including engineering design; computational design software; 3-D prototyping; advanced manufacturing; supply chain management; and robotics.
EPIC supports these aims by:
- Offering Introduction to Engineering Design, a course requirement for all sophomore engineering majors.
- Serving as a living classroom for engineering design and manufacturing courses.
- Offering a strong product component to our master’s degree offerings.
- Supplementing and enriching existing courses already offered within the College of Engineering.
- Offering a variety of non-credit seminars and classes designed to enrich the academic experience for all of our students, regardless of major.
- Being available for the use of trained engineering students for independent projects of their own choosing.