Partnering to Create a Diverse Workforce
Corporate Outreach Leaders (COOL)
We welcome support from corporations, foundations, alumni, school systems and national and local not-for-profit and government organizations. Your support helps us train and hire more Inspiration Ambassadors and reach out to more school-aged children.
The College’s unique Inspiration Ambassadors, part of the Technology Innovation Scholars Program, are select BU engineering undergraduates who are professionally trained to engage and mentor elementary, middle and high school students across the country, opening their eyes to the power and accessibility of engineering. This program reaches thousands of K-12 students in 25 states every year, and has now reached a total of more than 13,000 students in 26 states since the program began.
With support from COOL partners, the program will continue to expand, inspiring the next generation of innovators and Societal Engineers. By becoming a COOL partner, your corporation will:
- Amplify and complement current STEM efforts in schools
- Interact with and inspire the current and future workforce
- Brand your business through K-12 visits
- Access talented Inspiration Ambassador engineers nearing graduation
Annual COOL Partnerships directly support active Inspiration Engineers by providing funding for their training, regional school visits, at-home school visits and more:
- Gold Circle - $25,000: Sponsors 10 Inspiration Ambassadors for one year and receives 8 invitations to the Year End Networking Event
- Silver Circle - $15,000: Sponsors 5 Inspiration Ambassadors for one year and receives 4 invitations to the Year End Networking Event
- Bronze Circle - $7,500: Sponsors 3 Inspiration Ambassadors for one year and receives 2 invitations to the Year End Networking Event
To learn more about partnering with BU’s Inspiration Ambassadors through COOL, please contact Gretchen Fougere, Associate Dean for Outreach & Diversity, at 617-353-5644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.