The following details the ENG Career Development Office (CDO) On-Campus Recruiting Program. In addition, you also have access to the main Office of Career Services at 19 Deerfield Street (King Center). We strongly encourage you to take advantage of all resources to maximize your opportunities for job search success upon graduation.
- Open to currently enrolled College of Engineering students with less than two semesters remaining to graduation.
- Open to currently enrolled College of Engineering students actively seeking a Co-op assignment.
- Open to currently enrolled College of Engineering students that have completed a prior Co-op assignment.
- Eligibility extends to College of Engineering Alumni.
- ENG CDO reserves the right to bar any student from on-campus recruiting if they display illegal or unethical behavior with regard to recruiters/employers.
How to Participate/Scheduling Interviews
- Have your resume approved by ENG CDO.
- Include your resume in the Web Resume Book. Upload your resume as soon as it's approved, so you can be considered by all companies participating in on-campus interviews.
- Recommend you attend our Interview Workshop prior to your first interview. This requirement is waived if you have attended the Co-op Workshop Series or an Interview Workshop through Career Services. Documentation from Career Services is required.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified via e-mail. There is a deadline to sign-up for each interview, therefore, it is essential that you check your e-mail on a regular basis (at least once a day).
Prior to the Interview
- Research employers. If a company has a web site, they generally prefer that you use this medium to obtain company information.
- If you will be interviewing with a company who is hosting an Information Session prior to the interview, you should attend the session. You will be informed of the time and location of the information session when your interview is scheduled.
The Day of the Interview
- The on-campus interviews are held at ENG CDO, 44 Cummington Mall, Room 112.
- Most interviews will be 30-45 minutes in length and will occur between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. There are some exceptions, however, and you will be held responsible for verifying your interview times.
- You should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled interview time.
- Dress professionally.
- Remember to obtain the interviewer's contact information (name address and telephone number) before the end of your interview for thank you letters and follow-up telephone calls. DO NOT rely on ENG CDO to provide this information.
The Day After the Interview
- Send a thank you letter to the recruiter. Follow up with the Career Development Office to receive feedback on your interview.
- If an employer cancels or alters the interview schedule, we will make every effort to reach you prior to your scheduled interview.
- To cancel an interview, you must notify ENG CDO at least two working days before the date of the interview.
- If an emergency arises on the day of your interview and you are unable to make your scheduled time, you must advise ENG CDO as soon as possible to explain the situation.
- Certain emergencies may excuse you from an interview; however, a letter of explanation to the recruiter is still encouraged.
- A "no show" will result in the suspension of all privileges until you have meet with the Assistant Director, who decides if your privileges will continue.
- A second "no show" will automatically eliminate all further interviewing privileges and any previously scheduled interviews will be canceled.
Failure to make your scheduled interview time for an unexcused reason will result in the following actions:
THE POLICY IS TOUGH. Employer representatives have left their job responsibilities for the day and, in some cases, have spent considerable travel time and expense to interview at Boston University. They have every right to expect that people will keep their appointments. In addition, your behavior is a direct reflection on Boston University and could affect future recruiting visits.
When You Accept an Offer
- Notify ENG CDO. You will be asked to complete an Offer Acceptance Form. If you will be attending graduate school, you will need to complete a Graduate School Acceptance Form.
- Complete the Post Graduation Survey and update us regularly with changes. Please contact the Career Development Office for a copy of the survey.