Young Alumni Mentoring Program
Find us on Facebook: YAMP at BU
Engineering Juniors & Seniors:
Ever wonder what REALLY goes on after college?
Not sure how to get to where you want to be, career-wise?
Do you have questions that you just don’t know who to ask?
Join the BU Young Alumni Mentoring Program!
You will be matched up with a recent BU alumnus based on your career goals and interests, and who can help to answer all your post-graduate questions in an informal setting. This is a great opportunity to meet BU graduates and to begin planning for your future.
As a participant, the mentee, there are many benefits related to this program:
- Your mentor, a “young” BU ENG alumnus, will be a recent graduate who will openly tell you the struggles they went through, both professionally and personally
- You will be paired with a mentor whose career path matches your career goals, whether that be a particular job or grad program
- Your mentor will talk to you about relevant classes, direct you to useful resources, and share with you their experiences in grad school/industry
- The time commitment is very reasonable, and this program will be what you make of it. Interaction will be, at a minimum, a bi-weekly email exchange between you and your mentor over a course of six months (October – April)
- You won’t be limited to just your mentor – you will have many opportunities to network with other mentors in this program, both in person and via email
- There will be 1-2 informal and fun networking events per semester – a great way for you to meet your mentor and other mentors in the Boston area
ENG Alumni - if you're interested in becoming a mentor, please contact us!