ENG Distance Learning
Boston University’s College of Engineering offers several graduate-level education opportunities which can be completed entirely online through our Distance Learning Program:
- Two graduate certificate programs:
- Engineering Innovation. The Engineering Innovation certificate program will teach you how to significantly enhance your technical and business analytical skills and develops graduate-level expertise in areas such as technology ventures, intellectual asset management and development, product development and strategies, and more.
- Product Design. The Product Design certificate program develops graduate-level expertise in engineering product design, development and production through a practical, hands-on curriculum that exposes you to a wide range of product types that will enhance your design capabilities.
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Single non-degree courses
Distance Learning is ideal for professionals seeking to further their education without disrupting their career track in industry. You will have off-campus access to the exact curriculum you would receive on campus, making it easy to apply classroom learning immediately to your unique work-related challenges.
You can participate in Distance Learning courses in several different ways, allowing you to choose what best fits your schedule:
- In real time through desktop video-conferencing
- Via streaming video to be viewed after the scheduled class time
- Students are also welcome to attend classes on campus when their schedule allows
Have more questions about Distance Learning at BU? You can also check out our FAQs.