STEM: FIRST® Robotics
Every year since 1999, Boston University has sponsored high school students in the Boston FIRST® competition, the largest robotics competition in New England, drawing thousands of students to design and build robots. Since 2005, BU has also financed and hosted the Regional Competition at Agganis Arena and provided engineering scholarships for select FIRST® alumni.
Seeking to inspire the next generation of Societal Engineers, BU undergraduates from the Technology Innovation Scholars program mentored the following local high school FIRST® teams. The Technology Innovation Scholars are “cool” role-models who share their technical expertise and insight into engineering and college with the FIRST® teams. Several FIRST® teams supported and mentored by BU won top awards, such as the Judges Award, the Xerox-sponsored Creativity Award and FIRST®’s most prestigious honor, the Regional Chairman’s Award.
- FIRST® team #69 Quincy Public Schools
- FIRST® team #97 Cambridge Rindge & Latin
- FIRST® team #246 Boston University Academy
- FIRST® team #1754 Excel High School
- FIRST® team #1916 Madison Park Tech Vocational High School
- FIRST® team #1965 Mount St. Joseph’s Academy
- FIRST® team #1973 Brighton High School
- FIRST® team #2871 John D. O’Bryant School of Math and Science
- FIRST® team #3148 Boston Latin Academy
- FIRST® team #3958 Boston College High School
For more information, please contact Associate Dean for Outreach & Diversity, Stacey Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.