The Principal Investigator must be a CISE‐affiliated faculty and the proposal must include one or more Co‐PIs (CISE affiliated or not).Funding:
Only support for a BU PhD student for up to 8 months is allowed. No PI/Co‐PI salaries or other costs can be supported through this program.
We will prioritize projects that:
- Propose a new research direction, potentially opening up a new research or application area for the CISE PI.
- Have the potential to lead to a successful proposal for external funding.
- Broaden CISE’s research portfolio beyond the current active areas of research.
1. The proposal should be up to 3 pages, excluding references and the budget.
2. Proposal sections should include:
- Significance: motivate the work and briefly explain its significance.
- Project Overview: outline the proposed tasks (or specific aims). Explain why the project is not yet mature to seek external funding.
- Project Description: For each task describe what is known, what is proposed, and briefly outline the proposed approach. Provide evidence that the team is qualified to pursue the work.
- Plans for Grant Submissions: explain how the proposed work will lead to future external grant submissions and include potential funding programs and a likely time frame.
- Budget: Include an NSF‐style budget showing months of student support requested, level of student monthly stipend, student benefits, and total amount requested.
3. Proposals must be submitted in pdf format.
Submission deadline: January 29, 2018
Announcement of awards: By March 15, 2018
Project start date: May 1, 2018