The Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering is now accepting nominations for the 2014/2015 class of Junior Faculty Fellows (see the 2011/2012 cohort, the 2012/2013 cohort, and the 2013/2014 cohort).
The Hariri Institute Junior Faculty Fellows program was established both to recognize outstanding junior faculty at Boston University working in diverse areas of the computational sciences, as well as to provide focal points for supporting broader collaborative research in these areas at BU and beyond. Junior Fellows are selected by the Hariri Institute Executive Steering Committee based on nominations received each spring and are appointed for a two-year term.
Who May Submit Nominations: Nominations may be submitted by any BU faculty member.
Eligibility: Tenure-track assistant professors in their second or third year at BU are eligible.
Deadline: The nomination deadline is Friday, April 4, 2014.
Nomination Materials: The nomination form requires the following information (check the nomination form for details):
- Contact information for the faculty member making the nomination and for the nominee.
- Nomination letter submitted as a single PDF file that highlights how the candidate might contribute to and benefit from participation in the HIC Junior Faculty Fellows Program.
- Full curriculum vitae for the nominee, summarizing academic preparation and appointments, honors and awards, and at most 10 most relevant publications.
- (Optionally) Any supporting materials that may be relevant the evaluation of the nominee, submitted as a single PDF file.
- Selecting an Institute lab and cluster of interest to the nominee.
Additional Information: If you have any questions about the program or the nomination process, please contact Linda Grosser, Director of Program & Project Development at the Hariri Institute, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.