Sustainable Neighborhood Lab Showcase, Sat. Oct. 29, 2011
Drop-in to see dynamic displays by faculty and students. Learn about the Sustainable Neighborhood Lab. Come for refreshments, networking and innovative explorations and technology solutions.
The Showcase is a place for all ages to see faculty, students and alumni coming together to make a positive impact on the urban environment- smart lighting, smart parking, smart buildings, and cars that actually do more than drive. Get a preview of what could be coming to your neighborhood.
Date: Sat. Oct. 29th, 2011
Time: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Location: Photonics building – 1st floor
- The Breathing Forest- Demonstration: Measuring carbon in the local forest.
- Bytelight – Aaron Ganick Class of 2010, will talk about his energy efficient lighting start up
- “Draw Your Green Neighborhood”: Fun for all ages: show us what you think your neighborhood will look in the near future.
- Efficient Sustainable Buildings: Project overview by Prof. Michael Gevelber
- BU Energy Club – Come see a working fuel cell/electrolyzer. Learn about the different types of solar panels.
- Energy Efficiency in Urban Housing: Project overview
- Green Office Certification – BU Sustainability
- Carbon Metabolism of Boston – Demonstration by Prof. Nathan Phillips
- “Smarter Parking, Smarter City” – Demonstration: Smart Parking project
- Visual Light Communication – Demonstration: Live Streaming Video
Learn more about “Smarter Parking, Smarter City”, a technology in development at Boston University.
Prof. Cassandras featured on NECN TV for “Smart Parking”
The Sustainable Neighborhood Lab has been called one of the most exciting projects to come out of BU in years. Learn more about the June 17th meeting where thought leaders gathered to share ideas on this developing project.