This toolkit is meant to provide quick access to information, guidance and helpful tips for N95 trainers. The program, website, and many of the tools offered here rely on communication and aim to constantly improve our program, so any feedback is appreciated.
Voluntary Use of a Respirator
- N95 Training for Voluntary Respirator Use
- Information for employees using respirators when not required
- Respirator Compliance Minimum Requirements
Train the Trainer
Learn how to properly inspect and don a PAPR.
PAPRs will be made available to BMC Employees and visitors, as needed. Staff members who have failed an N-95 fit test or have facial hair are not permitted to wear N-95 masks and should obtain a PAPR for more effective respiratory protection.
Six PAPRs will be available for distribution to the Menino Pavilion and the Newton Pavilion 24 hours a day, through EVS Transport. To obtain a PAPR, call Transport at 4-5835. Be prepared to provide your name, ID number, phone number, and location.
Employees and visitors requesting a PAPR must “sign out” the device. This sign out will consist of an electronic record of the call received by Transport.
For proper use of the device, employees should review and follow the ‘PAPR user instructions’ listed on the laminated card inside the PAPR case.
When finished with use, the user must:
- Place all PAPR equipment into the PAPR case
- Return the unit to the nearest Dirty Utility Room
- Call Transport (4-5835) to retrieve the PAPR unit for processing by Respiratory. Please be specific regarding its location.
Respiratory Care will:
- Retrieve the PAPR unit from Transport
- Clean the unit
- Recharge the battery
- Return the cleaned unit to the carrying case, verifying the following is in the case:
- Laminated instructions
- New disposable hood
- Fully charged battery
- Functional HEPA filter
- Attach a ready-for-use sticker to the carrying case
- Attach a breakaway lock
- Return the unit to Transport and log the return date