- Online Research Laser Safety Training
- Laser User Certification Form
- Laser Safety Manual
- ROHP Flipchart
Note: the “Danger” sign only applies for lasers with power greater than 1 kilowatt
- Laser System Disposal Request
- Laser System Transfer Request
- New Laser Construction or Renovation Request
- Laser SOP Template
In the event of an exposure with laser use, the employee, student, manager, laboratory safety or radiation safety officer should call the ROHP 24/7 hour number 617-414-ROHP (7647); or 4-ROHP (7647) if calling from the Medical Campus to be connected with the BU Research Occupational Health Program (ROHP) medical officer. ROHP will refer you to the appropriate health care location for appropriate treatment.
Major Medical Emergencies
- Medical Campus: call or have a co-worker call the Control Center at 4-4444.
- Charles River Campus: call or have a co-worker call BU Police at 617-353-2121; Call EHS 617-353-2105 for emergencies
You will be referred to or transported to the appropriate health care location by the emergency response team.
ROHP Healthcare Referral Locations and Times
72 E. Concord St.
Evans Building, 8th Floor, Room 825
(M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
BMC Occupational Health-Doctors Office Building
720 Harrison Avenue
(M-F 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Charles River Campus
BU Occupational Health Center (OHC)
930 Comm. Ave., West (Pleasant Street entrance)
(M-F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
243 Charles Street Boston, MA 02114
BMC Emergency Dept.
751 Albany Street