Learning from the Past
Understanding laboratory accidents and incidents that have happened within the BU community will help us take action to prevent recurrence and to learn from the past. The following report summaries provide information and transparency to the BU research community for recent and past incidents. If you have an incident you’d like to report, please review EHS Reporting.
Current In the News
- Chemical Explosion: Resulted in serious injury to lab tech.
- M.Bovis BCG – laboratory spill due to improper use of a centrifuge
- Experimenting with Danger: A video from the Chemical Safety Board regarding university laboratory incidents, follow up, and corrective actions.
- Salmonella: exposures brought from the lab into the home
- Hazmat: response for a hydrogen fluoride exposure
- Aluminum etching incident: explosion causes injury to student
- Safety Catch: Behavior in the lab
- Safety Survey: Lab Risks
Check back soon for new case studies that we can learn from!