ISCE Travel Grant Lottery
The 2016 International Summit for Careers in Economics (ISCE), hosted by the National Association of Business Economics (NABE), will be held on Friday October 28, 2016 at the NAHB Conference Center in Washington, DC (1201 15th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20005).
The deadline to enter the lottery is Wednesday, September 28. The winners will be emailed on Friday, September 30.
To be eligible for a travel grant, you must:
- be a current Master’s students (MA, MAEP, MAGDE, and BA/MA) active for at least part of the 2014-15 academic year
- have an expected graduation date of January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017 (not later)
- September 2016 graduates are considered alumni and are not eligible for travel support. Your official graduation date is whatever is on file with Karen Rodi, the MA Program Administrator (email@example.com).
- Register for and attend the MA Career Information Meeting on Friday, October 21, 2016.
With proper documentation, you can be reimbursed up to $300 of approved travel expenses. If you receive a travel grant, you can be reimbursed for:
- hotel room for ONE night (October 27 OR 28)
- You should arrange to share a hotel room with another student. If you are staying in a double occupancy room by yourself or with someone who is not an Economics Master’s student, you will only be reimbursed half of the total room charges.
- ground transportation
- Reimbursement for each receipt cannot be split amongst different students. We recommend you use public transportation instead of taxis to keep your costs down.
We highly recommend you book a package deal for the best value – Orbitz & Expedia have packages for flights into DCA and hotels near the conference location. Travel grants will not cover food.
Important Info for Reimbursements
BU requires receipts with the name of the reimbursee for every reimbursement requested. Please keep the following in mind:
- If you book a hotel room for just yourself, you will only be reimbursed for half of the room cost.
- If you share a hotel room with someone who is not a fellow BU student attending ISCE, you will only be reimbursed for half of the room.
- If you share a hotel room with a fellow BU student attending ISCE, please know that one of you will have to submit for reimbursement and handle the splitting of the reimbursed amount separately. The IED is not responsible for splitting reimbursements.
- The hotel may be able to split your bill; it is your responsibility to ask them.
- If you share a taxi with another BU student the same rule applies: you are responsible for splitting it after you have received the reimbursement with those who you shared with.
Entering the lottery does NOT guarantee you a travel grant. If you will only attend the ISCE with travel support, you should wait until the lottery winners have been announced before making any travel arrangements or registering for the ISCE.