Make a Gift
Our students and faculty are grateful for the generosity of our alumni and other donors. These gifts have made the Economics Department a better place to teach, to learn, and to conduct research. Of course, the department continues to have major capital and other needs. The establishment of endowed chairs and fellowships, as well as comprehensive renovation of the building in which the department is housed, remain pressing objectives. Donors who wish to learn more about these major unmet needs should contact Steve Kean at firstname.lastname@example.org, Professor Laurence Kotlikoff at email@example.com, or Professor Barton Lipman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your employer may offer matching gifts; before completing your donation, check for your employer in our database. Employers typically provide a form for you to complete and mail to the University.
To ensure that your gift goes toward the Department of Economics, please follow these instructions.
1. Visit the secure Boston University donations website.
2. Enter your information and choose a gift amount.
3. In “Your Gift Designation”, choose “Other Fund (Write in next field)” from the drop-down menu.
4. In the next field, enter “Department of Economics” and any instructions for allocating your gift. If you wish, you may designate one of our three department funds: the Rosenthal Endowment Fund; the Economics Gift Fund (General Purpose); and the Economics Gift Fund (Designated for Prizes for Academic Excellence in the Economics Master’s Program).
5. Enter your payment information and submit.
Follow the instructions located here. In the memo field of your check, please note that you would like to designate your gift to the Department of Economics.