New Graduate Student Orientation Guide
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please follow the instructions on our New Graduate Student Registration page. Please submit your course selections via the form by Friday, July 19 at 4:00pm in order to obtain priority registration.
NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST:
1) Upon arrival, all international students need to check in at the International Students and Scholars Office.
2) Make sure you have a BU Email Account (if you don’t yet, email email@example.com).
3) After following the registration instructions above, confirm that you have been registered by checking the Student Link.
4) Settle your student account by using the Student Link or by visiting Student Accounting Services.
5) Obtain your BU ID card from the Terrier Card Office.
6) Make sure you are in compliance with BU’s regulations (e.g., regarding your submission of an emergency contact phone number, making sure your immunizations are up-to-date, etc.).
6) International students: How to Obtain a Social Security Card for Student Employment.
Important Orientation Dates
All New ECE MEng/MS Students (Presentation Slides)
There will be a mandatory Orientation Presentation hosted by our Associate Graduate Chair, Prof Hamid Nawab, on Friday, September 6 at 10:00am in the Photonics Center, 8 Saint Mary’s Street, Room 906. Refreshments will be provided!
All New ECE PhD Students (Presentation Slides)
There will be a mandatory Orientation Presentation hosted by our Associate Graduate Chair, Prof Hamid Nawab, on Friday, September 13 at 9:45am in the Photonics Center, 8 Saint Mary’s Street, Room 339. Refreshments will be provided!
All New College of Engineering Graduate Teaching Fellows
New GTF’s should attend this orientation/training meeting on Friday, September 6 at 12:00pm in the School of Management Building (SMG), 595 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 208. Lunch will be provided! Please RSVP to Leslie Tellalian by Tuesday, September 3: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New International Student Information Session
The mandatory New International Student Information Session meeting will take place onMonday, September 2 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at the Jacob Sleeper Auditorium, College of General Studies, 871 Commonwealth Avenue. This mandatory orientation session will introduce new graduate international students to services of the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO), explain vital immigration responsibilities and procedures, and provide important cultural adjustment information related to culture shock, the American classroom and remaining healthy in the U.S.
The International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) will be open for check-in the weekend before classes begin. The ISSO office is located at: 888 Commonwealth Avenue. Please visit the ISSO website (http://www.bu.edu/isso) for more information.