New Graduate Student Orientation Guide
New Graduate Student Checklist:
1) Upon arrival, all international students need to check in at the International Students and Scholars Office.
2) Make sure you have a BU Email Account (if you don’t yet, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
3) Settle your student account by using the Student Link or by visiting Student Accounting Services.
4) Obtain your BU ID card from the Terrier Card Office.
5) Make sure you are in compliance with BU’s regulations (e.g., regarding your submission of an emergency contact phone number, making sure your immunizations are up-to-date, etc.).
6) International students: How to Obtain a Social Security Card for Student Employment.
Important Orientation Dates
All New ECE MEng, MS, and PhD Students
There will be a mandatory New Graduate Student Orientation Presentation hosted by the Graduate Programs Office on Monday, August 31, from 8am to 1pm.
The International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) will be open for check-in the weekend before classes begin. The ISSO office is located at: 888 Commonwealth Avenue. Please visit the ISSO website (http://www.bu.edu/isso) for more information.