Research Professor (ECE, MSE)
PhD, University of Arkansas, 1971
office: PHO 532
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Fellow, IEEE
- 1988 R&D Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Electrostatic Society of America
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Particulate Science and Technology
- EC573 Solar Energy Systems
- material engineering
- solar energy systems
- particle technology
- electrostatic engineering
- M. K. Mazumder, M. Horenstein, J. Stark, P. Girouard, R. Sumner, B. Henderson, O. Sadder, I. Hidetaka, A. Biris, and R. Sharma, “Characterization of Electrodynamic Screen Performance for Dust Removal from Solar Panels and Solar Hydrogen Generators,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 49, no. 4, July-August 2013.
- M. K. Mazumder, M. Horenstein, J. Stark, A. Sayyah, D. Erickson, S. Jung, and F. Hao, “Development of Self-Cleaning Solar Collectors for Minimizing Energy Yield Loss Caused by Dust Deposition,” Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Energy Sustainability and Fuel Cell Science, Proceedings of the ASME Conference on Energy Sustainability and Fuel Cell Science, July 15-19, 2013.
- A. Sayyah, J. Stark, M. Horenstein, and M. K. Mazumder, “Mitigation of Soiling Losses in Concentrating Solar Collectors,” Proceedings of the IEEE PVSC Annual Meeting CPV/CSP Section, June 2013.
- M. Horenstein, M. K. Mazumder, R. Sumner, and J. Stark, “Modeling of Trajectories in an Electrodynamic Screen for Obtaining Maximum Particle Removal Efficiency,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Application Society, vol. 49, no. 2, March-April 2013.
- M. K. Mazumder et al., “Electrostatic Removal of Particles and its Applications to Self-Cleaning Solar Panels and Solar Concentrators,” Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning, Volume 3 (R. Kohli and K.L. Mittal, eds.), Elsevier Inc., April 14, 2011.