Professor (ECE, SE)
PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1996
Co-Director, Center for Information and Systems Engineering
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Fellow, IEEE
- Elected to Board of Governors, IEEE Control Systems Society (2013-16)
- Inaugural Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems (2013-present)
- Supervised the Ph.D. thesis of Fuzhuo Huang that won the Best Dissertation Award from the Division of Systems Engineering, Boston University (January 2013)
- Distinguished Faculty Fellow, College of Engineering, Boston University (2011-16)
- Dean’s Catalyst Award, 2011, College of Engineering, Boston University
- Joint paper with student, Reza Moazzez-Estanjini, won the best student paper award at the 9th International Symposium of Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt ’11)
- Best performance in modeling protein-protein complexes (with D. Kozakov, P. Vakili, S. Vajda, et al.), CAPRI (Critical Assessment of Predicted Interactions) Evaluation meeting, Barcelona, Spain, December 9-11, 2009
- First prize in the 3rd Critical Assessment Predicted (Protein) Interaction (CAPRI) Evaluation Meeting, April 20-21, 2007, Toronto, Canada, for poster presentation (with Y. Shen, P. Vakili, and S. Vajda).
- Invited Participant, 2002 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, National Academy of Engineering
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2000
- Plenary Speaker, 1998 and 2002 LIDS Student Conference, Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems, MIT
- Second Prize, 1997 George E. Nicholson paper competition
- Elected Full Member of Sigma Xi, 1996
- EC 381 Probability Theory in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EC/SE 524 Optimization Theory and Methods
- EC/SE/ME 724 Advanced Optimization Theory and Methods
- EC/SE 755 Communication Networks Control
- systems and control
- applied probability
- operations research
- computational biology
- communication and sensor networks
- medical informatics
- R. Moazzez Estanjini, J. Wang, and I. Ch. Paschalidis, “Scheduling Mobile Nodes for Cooperative Data Transport in Sensor Networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 974–989, June 2013.
- D. Bertsimas, V. Gupta, and I. Ch. Paschalidis, “Inverse Optimization: A New Perspective on the Black-Litterman Model,” Operations Research, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 1389–1403, November-December 2012.
- H. Mirzaei, D. Beglov, I. Ch. Paschalidis, S. Vajda, P. Vakili, and D. Kozakov, “Rigid Body Energy Minimization on Manifolds for Molecular Docking,” Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 4374-4380, 2012.
- I. Ch. Paschalidis, B. Li, and M.C. Caramanis, “A Market-Based Mechanism for Providing Demand-Side Regulation Service Reserves”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1531-1539, 2012.
- T. Edrich, G. Frendl, and I. Ch. Paschalidis, “Tachyphylaxis in Post-Cardiac Surgical Patients Receiving Bivalirudin – A Retrospective Dynamic Study Using a PKPD Model,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 39, no. 12, December 2011.
- I. Ch. Paschalidis and B. Li, “On Energy Optimized Averaging in Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Special Issue on Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 2290-2304, October 2011.
- D. Kozakov, D. R. Hall, D. Beglov, R. Brenke, S. R. Comeau, Y. Shen, K. Li, J. Zheng, P. Vakili, I. Ch. Paschalidis, and S. Vajda, “Achieving Reliability and High Accuracy in Automated Protein Docking: ClusPro, PIPER, SDU, and Stability Analysis in CAPRI Rounds 13-19,” PROTEINS, Special Issue: Fourth Meeting on the Critical Assessment of Predicted Interactions, vol. 78, no. 15, pp. 3124-3130, July 2010.
- I. Ch. Paschalidis and G. Smaragdakis, “Spatio-Temporal Network Anomaly Detection by Assessing Deviations of Empirical Measures,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 685-697, June 2009.
- Y. Shen, I. Ch. Paschalidis, P. Vakili, and S. Vajda, “Protein Docking by the Underestimation of Free Energy Funnels in the Space of Encounter Complexes,” PLOS Computational Biology, vol. 4, no. 10, October 10, 2008.
- S. Ray, W. Lai, and I. Ch. Paschalidis, “Statistical Location Detection with Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Joint Special Issue with IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking on Networking and Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2670-2683, June 2006.
- I. Ch. Paschalidis and Y. Liu, “Pricing in Multiservice Loss Networks: Static Pricing, Asymptotic Optimality, and Demand Substitution Effects,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 425-438, June 2002.
- I. Ch. Paschalidis and J. N. Tsitsiklis, “Congestion-Dependent Pricing of Network Services,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 8, no. 2, pages 171-184, April 2000.
- D. Bertsimas, I. Ch. Paschalidis, and J. N. Tsitsiklis, “Optimization of Multiclass Queueing Networks: Polyhedral and Nonlinear Characterizations of Achievable Performance,” The Annals of Applied Probability, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 43-75, February 1994.