Professor (ECE, SE)
PhD, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 1999
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2010 ECE Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2010 WiOpt Symposium Best Paper Award
- 2007 IEEE Senior Member
- 2004 Department of Energy Early Career Award
- 2002 NSF CAREER Award
- Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
- EC441 Introduction to Computer Networking
- EC521 Cybersecurity
- EC541 Computer Communication and Networks
- EK131/132 Wireless Networking
- EC741 Randomized Network Algorithms
- Modeling and Performance Analysis of Communication Networks
- Wireless Networking
- Network Economics
- A. Aziz, D. Starobinski, and P. Thiran, “Understanding and Tackling the Root Causes of Instability in Wireless Mesh Networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 1178-1193, August 2011.
- W. Xiao and D. Starobinski, “Extreme-Value FEC for Reliable Broadcasting in Wireless Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (JSAC) (Special issue on simple wireless sensor networking solutions), vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1180-1189, September 2010.
- H. Mutlu, M. Alanyali, and D. Starobinski, “Spot Pricing of Secondary Spectrum Access in Wireless Cellular Networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1794-1804, December 2009.
- R. Krishnan and D. Starobinski, “Efficient Clustering Algorithms for Self-Organizing Wireless Sensor Networks,” Journal of Ad-Hoc Networks (Elsevier), vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 36-59, January 2006.
- S. Ray, D. Starobinski, A. Trachtenberg, and R. Ungrangsi, “Robust Location Detection with Sensor Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (JSAC) (Special issue on the fundamental performance limits of wireless sensor networks), vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1016-1025, August 2004.