PhD, Moscow State University, 1987
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 1999 NSF CAREER Award
- Fellow, Optical Society of America
- 2001 College of Engineering Professor of the Year Award, Boston University
- EK307 Electric Circuit Theory
- EC410 Introduction to Electronics
- EC412 Analog Electronics
- EC700 Advanced Special Topics
- EC762 Quantum Optics
- EC764 Optical Measurement
- Quantum state engineering, entanglement manipulation and processing, ultrafast quantum optics
- Quantum information processing, quantum cryptography and communication, quantum networking, linear-optical quantum computing
- Ultra-precise optical measurement in science and technology (quantum metrology)
- Quantum nanoscale sensors, and sensor networks
- Quantum bio-photonics, characterization and diagnostic of biological materials and devices for life sciences and proteomics
- Study of fundamental optical interactions
- Olga Minaeva, Cristian Bonato, Bahaa E. A. Saleh, and Alexander V.. Sergienko, “Odd- and Even-Order Dispersion Cancellation in Quantum Interferometry”, Physical Review Letters, v. 102, 100504 (2009).
- Cristian Bonato, Alexander V. Sergienko, Bahaa E. A. Saleh, Stefano Bonora, and Paolo Villoresi, “Even-Order Aberration Cancellation in Quantum Interferometry,” Physical Review Letters, v. 101, 233603 (2008).
- S. Carrasco, A. V. Sergienko, B. E. A. Saleh, M. Teich, J. P. Torres and L. Torner “Spectral engineering of entangled two-photon states”, Physical Review A, v. 73, 063802 (2006).
- M. Atature, G. Di Giuseppe, M. Shaw, A. V. Sergienko, B. E. A. Saleh, and M. C. Teich “Multiparameter Entanglement in Quantum Interferometry”, Physical Review A, v. 66, 023822 (2002).
- P. G. Kwiat, K. Mattle, H. Weintfurter, A. Zeilinger, A. V. Sergienko, and Y. H. Shih “New High Intensity Source of Polarization-Entangled Photon Pairs”: Physical Review Letters, v. 75, p.4337 (1995).
- T. B. Pittman, Y. H. Shih, D. V. Strekalov, and A. V. Sergienko “Geometrical Imaging by Means of Two-Photon Quantum Entanglement” Physical Review A , v. 52, p.R3429 (1995).
- A. N. Penin, and A. V. Sergienko “Absolute Standardless Calibration of Photodetectors based on Quantum Two-Photon Fields”, Applied Optics, v. 30, No.25, p.3582 (1991).
- A. A. Malygin, A. N. Penin, and A. V. Sergienko “An Efficient Emission of a Two-Photon Fields in the Visible Region”, Sov. J. Quantum Electronics, v. 11, p.939 (1981).