Professor (ECE, SE)
Associate Dean of Educational Initiatives
Associate Director, NSF Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
PhD, Syracuse University, 1991
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2010 Kern Faculty Fellow
- 2009 Faculty Service Award
- 2007 Dean’s Catalyst Award
- 1995 NSF CAREER Award
- 1991 NSF Research Initiation Award
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications
- EC463 Senior Design Project I
- EC/ME/SE544 Networking the Physical World
- EC744 Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing
- EC748 Multimedia Computing
- Mobile and Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)
- Vehicular Networking
- Pervasive and Multimedia Computing
- Embedded Systems
- Center for Information and Systems Engineering
- Clean Energy and Environmental Sustainability Initiative
- Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
- Systems Engineering
- A.M. Vegni and T.D.C. Little, “Handover in VLC Systems with Cooperating Mobile Devices,” to appear in Proceedings of Mobility and Communication for Cooperation and Coordination (MC3) Workshop, part of the IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2012), January 30 – February 2, 2012, Maui, Hawaii, USA. [pdf].
- P. Butala, Y. Zhang, R.C. Wagenaar, and T.D.C. Little, “Wireless System for Monitoring and Real-Time Classification of Functional Activity,”Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Networked Healthcare Technology (NetHealth 2012), IEEE Comsnets 2012, Bangalore, India, January 2012. [pdf].
- A.M. Vegni and T.D.C. Little, “Hybrid Vehicular Communications Based on V2V-V2I Protocol Switching,” International Journal of Vehicle Information and Communications Systems, vol. 2, no. 3/4, pp. 213-231. [pdf].
- A. Agarwal, D. Starobinski, and T.D.C. Little, “Phase Transition of Message Propagation Speed in Delay-Tolerant Vehicular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, no. 99, pp. 1-15, November 2011.
- T. Borogovac, M. Rahaim, M. Tuganbayeva, and T.D.C. Little, “‘Lights-Off’ Visible Light Communications,” Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2011 2nd Workshop on Optical Wireless Communications (OWC 2011), pp. 823-827, December 5-9, 2011, Houston TX, USA. [pdf].