PhD, McGill, 1985
office: PHO 523
office hours: contact for appointment
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Member, Electromagnetics Academy
- 2007 Dean’s Catalyst Award
- EK131/132 Introduction to Engineering
- EK307 Electric Circuit Theory
- EK501 Mathematical Methods I: Linear Algebra and Complex Analysis
- EK514 Computational Methods for Continuum Problems
- EC402 Control Systems
- EC410 Introduction to Electronics
- EC455 Electromagnetic Systems I
- EC456 Electromagnetic Systems II
- EC500 Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EC505 Stochastic Processes
- EC565 Electromagnetic Energy Transmission
- EC700 Advanced Special Topics
- numerical methods for three-dimensional vector field problems
- Whitney forms and the Finite Element Method
- nanoscale magnetics
- geometric inverse problems
- topological aspects of magnetic scalar potentials
- Helicity Functionals
- analysis of high-performance interconnects
- Kotiuga, P. R. (editor), A Celebration of the Mathematical Legacy of Raoul Bott, CRM, Proceedings and Lecture Notes, vol. 50, American Mathematical Society, 2010.
- R. Hiptmair, P. R. Kotiuga, and S. Tordeux, “Self-Adjoint Curl Operators,” Seminar for Applied Mathematics, ETH Zurich, Report 2008-27, submitted to Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata.
- Kotiuga, P. R., “Theoretical Limitations of Discrete Exterior Calculus in the Context of Computational Electromagnetics,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1162-1165, June 2008.
- Kotiuga, P. R., “Weitzenbock Identities and Variational Formulations in Nanophotonics and Micromagnetics,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1669-1672, April 2007.
- Kotiuga, P. R., “Topology-Based Inequalities and Inverse Problems for Near Force-Free Magnetic Fields,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 1108-1111, March 2004.
- Gross, P.W. and Kotiuga, P. R., “Electromagnetic Theory and Computation: A Topological Approach,” MSRI Monograph Series, vol. 48, Cambridge University Press, 2004. (Also available as an e-book).