Associate Professor (ECE, SE)
PhD, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2002
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2005 NSF CAREER Award
- 2007 Dean’s Catalyst Award
- 2010 AVSS Best Paper Award (with K. Guo and J. Konrad)
2010 ICPR Winner, Aerial View Activity Classification Challenge (with K.Guo and J. Konrad)
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Elected Member, IEEE IVMSP Technical Committee, 2009-2012
- Elected Member, IEEE SPTM Technical Committee, 2013-2015
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- EC 401 Signals and Systems
- EC 416 Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
- EC 500 Special Topics in ECE (Statistical Theory of Communication)
- EC 515 Digital Communication
- EC 516 Digital Signal Processing
- EC 517 Introduction to Information Theory
- EC 505 Stochastic Processes
- EC 700 Special Topics in ECE (Statistical Inference and Learning)
- Network Information Theory
- Information-Theoretic Security
- Statistical Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Visual Information Processing and Analysis
- W. Ding, M. H. Rohban, P, Ishwar, and V. Saligrama, “Topic Discovery Through Data-Dependent and Random Projections,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Atlanta, Ga., U. S. A., June 16-21, 2013. Journal of Machine Learning Research Workshop and Conference Proceedings, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1202–1210.
- N. Ma and P. Ishwar, “The Infinite-Message Limit of Two-Terminal Interactive Source Coding,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 4071-4094, July 2013.
- K. Guo, P. Ishwar, and J. Konrad, “Action Recognition from Video Using Feature Covariance Matrices,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 2479-2494, June 2013.
- Y. Wang, S. Rane, S. C. Draper, and P. Ishwar, “A Theoretical Analysis of Authentication, Privacy and Reusability Across Secure Biometric Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1825-1840, December 2012.
- N. Ma, P. Ishwar, and P. Gupta, “Interactive Source Coding for Function Computation in Collocated Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, pp. 4289-4305, July 2012.
- Z. Li, P. Ishwar, and J. Konrad, “Video Condensation by Ribbon Carving,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, pp. 2572-2583, November 2009.
- M. Johnson, P. Ishwar, V. M. Prabhakaran, D. Schonberg, and K. Ramchandran, “On Compressing Encrypted Data,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Special Supplement on Secure Media, vol. 52, part 2, pp. 2992-3006, October 2004.