PhD, University of Massachusetts, 1994
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2014 General Chair, 22nd IEEE International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines
- 2013 General Chair, IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium
- 2011 Fellow, Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science and Engineering
- 2009 FPL Outstanding Paper Award
- 2008 IBM Faculty Award
- 1997 NSF CAREER Award
- EC413 Computer Organization
- EC513 Computer Architecture
- EC527 High Performance Programming with Multicore and GPUs
- computer systems and architecture
- high performance computing and applications using accelerators GPUs
- FPGAs and reconfigurable computing
- bioinformatics and computational biology
- M. A. Khan and M. C. Herbordt, “Parallel Discrete Event Simulation of Molecular Dynamics Through Event-Based Decomposition,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 230, no. 17, pp. 6563-6582, July 20, 2011.
- M. Chiu and M. C. Herbordt, “Molecular Dynamics Simulations on High Performance Reconfigurable Computing Systems,” ACM Transactions on Reconfigurable Technology and Systems, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1-37, November 2010.
- B. Sukhwani and M. C. Herbordt, “GPU Acceleration of a Production Molecular Docking Code,” Proceedings of GPGPU: General-Purpose Computation on Graphics Processing Units, pp. 19-27, 2009.
- M. C. Herbordt, Y. Gu, T. VanCourt, J. Model, B. Sukhwani, and M. Chiu, “Computing Models for FPGA-Based Accelerators,” Computing in Science & Engineering, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 35-45, November-December 2008.
- M. C. Herbordt, T. VanCourt, Y. Gu, B. Sukhwani, A. Conti, J. Model, and D. DiSabello, “Achieving High Performance with FPGA-Based Computing,” IEEE Computer Society, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 50-57, March 2007.