PhD, Leningrad Electrotechnical Institute, 1967
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Fellow, IEEE
- EC 311 Introduction to Logic Design
- EC 404
- EC 504 Advanced Data Structures
- EC 533 Advanced Discrete Mathematics
- EC 561 Error Control Codes
- EC 700 Adv Special Topics
- EC 749 Interconnect Mlticomp
- EC 752 Theory of Computer Hardware Testing
- EC 753 Fault-Tolerant Computing
- EC 891 Seminar: Computer Systems Engineering
- design of secure cryptographic devices and smart cards
- routing in interconnection networks design and protection of cryptographic devices
- fault-tolerant computing
- error correcting codes
- testing and diagnosis of computer hardware
- M. Karpovsky and Z. Wang, ”Design of Strongly Secure Communication and Computation Channels by Nonlinear Error Detecting Codes,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, July 23, 2013.
- S. Ge, Z. Wang, P. Luo, and M. Karpovsky, ”Secure Memories Resistant to Both Random Errors and Fault Injection Attacks Using Nonlinear Error Correction Codes,” Proceedings of the Workshop on Hardware and Architectural Support for Security and Privacy, HASP, July 2013.
- P. Luo, Z. Wang and M. Karpovsky, “Secure NAND Flash Memories Resilient to Strong Fault-Injection Attacks Using Algebraic Manipulation Detection Codes,” Proceedings of International Conference on Security and Management, SAM, July 2013.
- S. Ge, Z. Wang, M. Karpovsky, and P. Luo, “Reliable and Secure Memories Based on Algebraic Manipulation Detection Codes and Robust Error Correction,” Proceedings of International Dependency Symposium, 2013.
- I. Shumsky, O. Keren, and M. Karpovsky, ”Robustness of Security-Oriented Binary Codes Under Non-Uniform Distribution of Codewords,” Proceedings of International Dependency Symposium, 2013.
- L. Levitin, M. G. Karpovsky and M. Mustafa, “Deadlock Prevention in Networks of Workstations with Wormhole Routing,” Distributed Innovations for Business, Engineering and Science (A. Loo, ed.), IGI Global, November 30, 2012.
- M. G. Karpovsky, L. Levitin, and M. Mustafa, “Deadlock Prevention in Networks of Workstations with Wormhole Routing,” Distributed Innovations for Business, Engineering and Science (A. Loo, ed.), IGI Global, November 30, 2012.