W. Clem Karl
Professor (ECE, BME, SE)
PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991
office: PHO 437
office hours: contact for appointment
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2000 ECE Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Past Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- Member, IEEE Bio Signal and Image Processing Technical Committee
- Member of the Board, IEEE Signal Processing Society
- Member, Steering Committee for IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- EC 401 Signals and Systems
- EC 416 Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
- EC 505 Stochastic Processes
- EC 717 Image Reconstruction and Restoration
- Statistical signal processing
- Inverse problems
- Biomedical signal and image processing
- Multidimensional signal and image processing
- Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Center for Information and Systems Engineering
- Center for Space Physics
- Center for Nanoscience and Nanobiotechnology
- Systems Engineering
- A. Tuysuzoglu, J. M. Kracht, M. Cetin, R. Cleveland, and W. C. Karl, “Sparsity Driven Ultrasound Imaging,” Journal of Acoustical Society of America, vol. 131, no. 2, 2012.
- S. Do, Z. Liang, W. C. Karl, T. Brady, and H. Pien, “A Decomposition-Based CT Reconstruction Formulation for Reducing Blooming Artifacts,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 56, no. 22, p. 7109, November 21, 2011.
- I. Stojanovic, N. Mohan, B. Vakoc, and W. C. Karl, “Fast Angiographic OCT Imaging Using Sparse Representations Over Learned Dictionaries,” IEEE International Symposium Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), Chicago, Ill., May 2011.
- I. Stojanovic and W. C. Karl, “Imaging of Moving Targets with Multistatic SAR Using an Overcomplete Dictionary,” Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, special issue on MIMO Radar, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 164-176, February 2010.
- L. He, B. Orten, S. Do, W. C. Karl, A. Kambadakone, D. Sahani, and H. Pien, “A Spatio-Temporal Deconvolution Method to Improve Perfusion CT Quantification,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1182-1191, May 2010.
- W. C. Karl and E. L. Miller, “Digital Subsurfacing Imaging,” in Introduction to Subsurface Imaging, B. Saleh (editor), Cambridge University Press, December 2010.
- Y. Shi and W. C. Karl, “A Real-Time Algorithm for the Approximation Of Level-Set-Based Curve Evolution,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 645-656, May 2008.