Research Assistant Professor
PhD (Computer Science), University of New Hampshire, 2010
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- Richard Lyczak Memorial Teaching Award (University of New Hampshire)
- Teaching Achievement Award (University of New Hampshire)
- Introduction to Scientific Programming (University of New Hampshire)
- Assembly Language Programming and Computer Organization (University of New Hampshire)
- Network and storage systems
- Algorithms in biology
- Discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science
- Smanski MJ, Bhatia S, Park YJ, Zhao D, Giannoukos G, Ciulla D, Busby M, Calderon J, Nicol R, Gordon DB, Densmore D, Voigt CA, “Functional optimization of gene clusters by combinatorial design and assembly,” Nature Biotechnology, 32, 1241-1249, 2014.
- E. Oberortner, S. Bhatia, E. Lindgren, and D. Densmore, “Rule-based design of synthetic biological systems, ACM Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems,” Special Issue on Synthetic Biology, 2014.
- D. Densmore and S. Bhatia, “Bio-design automation: software + biology + robots” (Invited), Trends in Biotechnology, November, 2013.
- S. Bhatia and D. Densmore, “Pigeon: A Design Visualizer for Synthetic Biology,” (Technical Note) ACS Synthetic Biology, April 2013.
- *J. Beal, R. Weiss, D. Densmore, A. Adler, E. Appleton, J. Babb, S. Bhatia, N. Davidsohn, T. Haddock, J. Loyall, R. Schantz, V. Vasilev, and F. Yaman, “An End-to-End Workflow for Engineering of Biological Networks from High-Level Specifications,” ACS Synthetic Biology, July 2012. (*Author list is in alphabetical order, except for Principal Investigators, Beal, Weiss, and Densmore.)
- F. Yaman, S. Bhatia, A. Adler, D. Densmore, and J. Beal, “Automated Selection of Synthetic Biology Parts for Genetic Regulatory Networks,” ACS Synthetic Biology, July 2012.
- S. Bhatia, Y. Kil, B. Ueberheide, B. Chait, L. Tayo, L. Cruz, B. Lu, J. Yates III, and M. Bern, “Constrained De Novo Sequencing of Conotoxins,” ACS Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 4191-4200, June 2012. (also in RECOMB, Vancouver, Canada, March 2011).
- K. Ma, R. Bartoš, S. Bhatia, and R. Nair, “Mobile Video Delivery with HTTP,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 166-175, April 2011.
- S. Bhatia, E. Varki, and A. Merchant, “Sequential Prefetch Cache Sizing for Maximal Hit Rate,” Proceedings of the 18th Annual Meeting of the IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunications Systems (MASCOTS), August 2010.
- S. Bhatia, “Look Up and Scream: Analytical Difficulties Resolved!,” Journal of Recreational Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 1, , pp. 12-23, 2005-2006.
- S. Bhatia and R. Bartoš, “Closed-Form Expression for the Collision Probability in the IEEE Ethernet Passive Optical Network Registration Scheme,” Journal of Optical Networking, vol. 5, pp. 1-14, 2005.