Associate Professor (ECE, SE)
PhD, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1996
Honors, Awards, and Editorships
- 2003 NSF CAREER Award
- 2004 Legacy Gift Award, College of Engineering
- Associate Editor, IEEE Control Systems Society Conference Editorial Board
- EC 441 Introduction to Computer Networking
- EC 541 Computer Communications and Networks
- EC 700 Adv Special Topics
- communication networks
- performance analysis and optimization
- stochastic systems
- M. Alanyali, “Blocking Bounds for Random Channel Selection on Tree Topologies,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 4750-4755. December 2007.
- S. Venkatesh, M. Alanyali, O. Savas, “Distributed Detection in Sensor Networks with Packet Losses and Finite Capacity Links,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 4118-4132. November 2006.
- M. Alanyali, “Asymptotically exact models for a loss network with channel continuity,” The Annals of Applied Probability, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 1474-1493, November 2003.
- M. Alanyali and E. Ayanoglu, “Provisioning algorithms for WDM optical networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 767-778. October 1999.
- M. Alanyali and B. Hajek, “On large deviations of Markov processes with discontinuous statistics,” The Annals of Applied Probability, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 45-66. January 1998.